Mohan will join a growing club of Indian-American executives who are at the helm of some of the biggest tech giants in the world.
He will join a growing list of Indian-origin CEOs at the helm of US-based global giants, including Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai. Indra Nooyi had served as PepsiCo’s CEO for 12 years before stepping down in 2018.
Thank you, @SusanWojcicki. It’s been amazing to work with you over the years. You’ve built YouTube into an extraord… https://t.co/M1fEBQiNRj
— Neal Mohan (@nealmohan) 1676573682000
Who is Neal Mohan?
* Mohan is a graduate in electric engineering from Stanford University.
* He joined Google in 2008.
* He became YouTube’s Chief Product Officer in 2015.
* He had set up a top-notch product and UX team, played pivotal roles in the launch of some of our biggest products, including YouTube TV, YouTube Music and Premium and Shorts.
* Mohan has also worked with Microsoft and sits on the board of Stitch Fix and genomics and biotechnology company 23andMe.
* He previously spent nearly six years at DoubleClick, a company Google acquired in 2007, and later served for about eight years as senior vice president of display and video advertising at Google.
(With inputs from agencies)